College Media Review, CMA’s flagship publication, is the leading academic journal on advising collegiate media in print, broadcast and electronic forms.
Submissions to College Media Review
- College Media Review educates and informs advisers on how to teach, to advise and to produce collegiate student media.
- Its refereed section quantifies trends, documents theories, identifies characteristics and disseminates research and information for and about collegiate media and advising.
- Its non-refereed section offers essential news and opinion on all facets of collegiate media advising – teaching, training, recruiting, diversifying, motivating and challenging students to media excellence.
Our audience is primarily faculty and staff engaged in college media advising. Content is tightly focused to the concerns of college media and includes essential news and opinion on all facets of collegiate media advising.
- Length: Limit is 5,000 words.
- Bio: Also include a short biography (100 words max.) and high-resolution mugshot.
- Style: Text for refereed manuscripts follows The Chicago Manual of Style, author-date system.
- Art: Black-and-white and/or color photography or graphics should be submitted in digital format. Art files (particularly charts and graphs) may be embedded in the text of an article for placement but should be submitted as additional stand-alone files. Provide credit/copyright information for all art submitted.
- The peer-reviewed section includes research that quantifies trends, documents theories, identifies characteristics and disseminates information for and about collegiate media and advising.
- Each manuscript should be submitted as an attachment to Associate Editor Lillian Lodge Kopenhaver (email@example.com). Manuscripts should be submitted in Microsoft Word format and double-spaced in 12-point Times Roman.
- Contributing writers will be notified within 90 days in most cases. College Media Review will gladly comply with any requests for verification letters confirming acceptance of an article.
CMR Board of Reviewers
- Bob Bergland, Missouri Western State University
- Kay Colley, Texas Wesleyan University
- Vince Filak, University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh
- Robert Jaross, Florida International University
- Ron Johnson, Indiana University Bloomington
- Amy Kilpatrick, University of Alabama at Birmingham (retired)
- Lisa Lyon Payne, Virginia Wesleyan University
- Sally Renaud, Eastern Illinois University.
- Ken Rosenauer, Missouri Western State University (retired)
- Trum Simmons, Harrisburg Area Community College (retired)
- Roger Soenksen, James Madison University
- Brian Steffen, Simpson College
- Laura Widmer, Associated Collegiate Press