College Media Association
Film and Audio Festival
The College Media Association Film and Audio Festival is designed to encourage and promote excellence in student video work by showing examples of top-notch projects in several categories. Those shown at the film and audio festival at the Fall Convention will receive an award for their selection.
Click here for a list of winners. Winning submissions were shown during the CMA/ACP 2023 Fall National College Media Convention, October 31, 2023.
All entries must be accompanied by your entry fee receipt and turned in via Google Drive.
- Use an existing Gmail account or set up a new one.
- Create a folder with your name and entry type (ex: SmithLongDoc).
- Upload your file to the folder, also using that name format.
- Send an invitation to share your folder with Tom Grant (tom.grant <at> gmail.com).
All submissions must be:
- Smaller than 5 GB
- File type .mov, .mp4 or .m4v
- Audio entries should be .mp3
By uploading/submitting your files, you agree to the following:
- The video may be shown at the Film and Audio Festival Screening at the convention
- The video may be uploaded to the CMA film and audio festival website for others to see
- All the work was completed by students
- The video was completed between September, 2022, and Sept. 22, 2023.
Compete in any of these categories:
1. Short Documentary
Non-fiction videos 2:30-7 minutes in length
2. Long Documentary
Non-fiction videos 7-15 minutes in length. May be edited to comply with length limits.
Short films under 5 minutes in length. May be edited to comply with length limits.
4. Video News Package
A short news package designed for broadcast or web distribution. Maximum length: 150 seconds.
5. Video Sports Package
A short sports package designed for broadcast or web distribution. Maximum length: 150 seconds.
6. Video Feature Package
A short feature package designed for broadcast or web distribution. Maximum length: 150 seconds.
7. Video newscast
Up to 30 minutes in length (one entry per college)
Creative, fictional animation. May be combined with real action. Must be under 5 minutes in length. May be edited to comply with length limits.
9. Audio Documentary
Non-fictional audio story, expository in nature. (Please submit no more than 15 minutes for consideration by the judges.) May be edited to comply with length limits.
10. Audio Creative Performance
Creative audio performance intended to entertain. May include humor, fiction, promotional or musical and audio performance. Up to 5 minutes in length.
11. Best DJ Personality
Audio performance as a DJ as part of an internet or broadcast radio show. Submit no more than 5 minutes of DJ work, and edit to omit songs.